St Lucia Calgary Cultural Association
Location: Let’s Bowl, 2916 – 5 Ave NE
RSVP to Julie Philbert (403-361-9721) at email@example.com
Pizza & Beer included
$20 for non-members/Youth under 18 years $5
September 8th, 2018
Time: 8 am - 4 pm
Location: Rotary Challenger Park - 3688 48 Ave NE
ISLAND vs ISLAND Olympic style friendly sports competition! Come join us for an amazing day of fun! Events made for all ages include: basketball, cricket, dominoes, netball, soccer, track and field and volleyball.
September 15, 2018
Time: 2 pm - 7pm (Dinner provided)
Location: Evergreen Spaces, #2, 1709 - 8 Ave NE, Calgary, AB
The Youth Summit is designed to educate and empower Calgary's high school and undergraduate students, age 15 - 21 years, FREE! 2pm - 7pm (Food provided)
Bring the family, grab some friends and come out and enjoy the movies!
Sunday, December 9th, 2018
Time: 2 pm - 6pm
Location: Rosedale Community Hall - 901 11 Ave NW
Annual Family Christmas Potluck Party 2 pm - 6
pm. Members are invited to bring a dish to share // Guest costs = $10
February 23, 2019
More information to come!
The Government of Saint Lucia has once again approved concessions on the importation of barrels at Christmas.
Concessions are from the period Nov. 15, 2018 to Jan. 31, 2019.
The concessions on barrels are in accordance with the following terms and conditions:
· A 100 percent waiver of import duty on personal items, food, clothing, toys and other household consumables contained in barrels.
· Electronics are explicitly excluded.
· The number of barrels qualifying for concessions is two per household.
· The upper limit on the value per barrel is EC $2,500 per barrel on the items qualifying for concessions.
· Qualifying items must be for personal use and not commercial use.
· The usual penalties and fines apply if the goods are used for commercial purposes.
· The House of Parliament, on Oct. 30, approved to allow for the exemption of Value Added Tax (VAT) on all qualifying items (food, clothing, toys, household consumables, personal items) imported within barrels during this period.
Two district hospitals in Saint Lucia received medical equipment from Canadian donors vital to improving health services in Saint Lucia.On Thursday, May 3rd, 2018, the Ministry of Health and Wellness received two defibrillators in a hand over ceremony hosted at the Dennery Hospital.Saint Lucia Calgary Cultural Association (President, Margaret Daniel) donated one of the defibrillators to the Dennery Hospital and Superior Medical Supplies (President and CEO, Ron Kilius) donated the second defibrillator to the Soufriere Hospital. The two machines are regarded as ‘life saving’ equipment by local health officials.
The St. Lucia Calgary Cultural Association donates to community partners to increase recreation and cultural interests that support healthy lifestyles for all youth.
Diversity Performing Arts Club, Carifest 2018
The Faces of Cancer group and two district hospitals in Saint Lucia received medical equipment from the SLCCA vital to improving health services in Saint Lucia.
Purchase your Early Bird Tickets for $45 before December 10th, 2018!
2019 marks the 40th Anniversary of Independence of St. Lucia. Since the beginning of our Association in 1987, we have been working hard to change lives in St. Lucia through donations and relief funding. And now, it's time to celebrate! All of you have played a crucial role in the enduring history of the SLCCA and we encourage you to participate in the story of the most beautiful island in the world and celebrations this coming year.